Overview & Introduction
Welcome to Cumbria’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA). The production of the JSNA is a statutory duty of the Health & Wellbeing Board (HWB) along with the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) and the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS).
The purpose of the JSNA is to assess current and future health and social care needs of Cumbria’s local communities. Findings from the JSNA support the development of a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Cumbria that sets out priorities to improve health and wellbeing outcomes throughout the county and aims to reduce inequalities.
The JSNA comprises 3 elements:
- Data: available on the Cumbria Intelligence Observatory – utilising local and nationally published datasets; providing a wealth of information for self-serve usage.
- National and Local Tools: links to data and tools on key web platforms enabling benchmarking against other areas and national through self-serve;
- ‘Deep Dive’ Analysis: commissioned by the Health and Wellbeing Board, providing the development of information into intelligence, building on the data and tools readily available; and providing an opportunity for relevant stakeholders to be involved and work together.
You can access all three elements of the JSNA by Theme, via the links below or in the menu options above.
- Children and Young People
- Health and Social Care
- Crime and Community Safety
- Economy and Employment